SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Chemical and Materials Engineering, Department of
- 1Chemical and Materials Engineering, Department of/Research Articles and Materials (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Economics, Department of
- 1Economics, Department of/Journal Articles (Economics)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
This brief manuscript introduces the subject of thermodynamics and the papers of the special issue on thermodynamic aspects of cryobiology. Thermodynamic terminology is defined for the non-specialist.
SSHRC Awarded IG 2018: Essences have traditionally been assigned important but controversial explanatory roles in philosophical, scientific and social theorizing. For example, why is it possible for one and the same organism to be first a caterpillar and then a butterfly? Why is it impossible for...
Our understanding of the process of interdisciplinary research has expanded considerably over the last decades. The purpose of this brief paper is to take stock of where we are going. The first section addresses definitional issues and discusses the relationship between teaching and research....