SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Heavy tails
- 2Linear process
- 2Long-range dependence
- 2Marcinkiewicz strong law of large numbers
- 2Stochastic approximation
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of
- 1Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of/Research Publications (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
Linear mixed model (LMM) analysis has been recently used extensively for estimating additive genetic variances and narrow-sense heritability in many genomic studies. While the LMM analysis is computationally less intensive than the Bayesian algorithms, it remains infeasible for large-scale...
Outer Products and Stochastic Approximation Algorithms in a Heavy-tailed and Long-range Dependent SettingDownload
Classical time-series theories are mainly concerned with the statistical analysis of light-tailed and short-range dependent stationary linear processes. Applications in network theory and financial mathematics lead us to consider time series models with heavy tails and long memory. Heavy-tailed...