SearchSkip to Search Results
- 399Ball, Allen
- 26Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 17Edmonton Social Planning Council
- 12Veeman, Michele M.
- 9Adamowicz, Wiktor
- 399Documents of Contemporary War
- 399Documents of Contemporary War/Raw Images
- 98Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 98Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 63Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 57Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
"I have to do what I believe": Sudanese women's beliefs and resistance to hegemonic practices at home and during experiences of maternity care in Canada.Download
Background Evidence suggests that immigrant women having different ethnocultural backgrounds than those dominant in the host country have difficulty during their access to and reception of maternity care services, but little knowledge exists on how factors such as ethnic group and cultural...
Project SUCH (Save the Ukrainian Canadian's Heritage) was conducted in the summers of 1971 and 1972 in the provinces of Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, and Ontario. Young, largely untrained fieldworkers were tasked with interviewing Ukrainian pioneers in the target areas about their immigration...
Though postsecondary participation has increased overall, the rate of participation has risen more sharply for middle-class students compared with working-class students (Knighton & Mirza, 2002). Especially pronounced is Krahn’s (2009) finding that children from families where at least one...
SSHRC IG awarded 2013: Over the next three years, I will research the first draft of a new novel. The Difference will examine the actions of a Canadian woman in 1908, wife of a clipper ship captain, who buys a small Tongan boy for four pounds of tobacco. The research required for The Difference...