SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Bressler, David C.
- 1Choi, J.
- 1Delgado Chavez, L.
- 1Delgado Chávez, Luis
- 1El-Din, M. G.
- 1Gray, Murray R.
- 5Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 5Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative/Journal Articles & Research Abstracts (Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative)
- 1Ania C. Ulrich (Civil and Environmental Engineering)/ Tong Yu (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Ben-Zvi, Amos (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Gamal El-Din, Mohamed (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Hayes, Robert (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Lange, Carlos (Mechanical Engineering)
- 1Liu, Yang (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
The objective of this study was to determine if there was any difference in the bioremediation of oil sands process-affected water (OSPW) and to quantify and identify bacteria present in different scenarios. Two reactors were compared in this study: an acetic acid amended OSPW bioreactor, (AAAO...
Tailings ponds contain significant amounts of organic contaminants that cannot be released to the environment without further treatment. The use of mature fine tailings (MFT) was proposed as a potential source of microorganisms for biological treatment to remove dissolved organic compounds from...
Bioprocesses currently have a huge importance in worldwide sustainable development. However, the design of bioreactors based on experimental and empirical knowledge poses a challenge for the industrial biotechnology. Thus, CFD has gained attention as a design tool. Although CFD modelling has...
The oil sands process-affected water (OSPW) generated from bitumen extraction of oil sands by industries in Northern Alberta, Canada, is a great environmental concern because of the OSPW toxicity in the environment. This toxicity has been attributed to a group of alicyclic and aliphatic compounds...
Non-linear reparameterization of complex models with applications to a microalgal heterotrophic fed-batch bioreactorDownload
Good process control is often critical for the economic viability of large-scale production of several commercial products. In this work, the production of biodiesel from microalgae is investigated. Successful implementation of a model-based control strategy requires the identification of a model...
The objectives of our research program were to: (1) study biological activities in oil sands mature fine tailings and oil sands process-affected water, (2) develop microbial biofilm seed to support engineered biological processes with enhancement measures, and (3) review available bioreactor...
Transport and reaction processes in bioremediation of organic contaminants. 1. Review of bacterial degradation and transportDownload
Bioremediation of contaminants in soil and water involves a complex interplay between transport processes and biological reactions. Equilibrium physical factors such as aqueous solubility, soil adsorption, and phase partitioning indicate the transport processes that can limit bioremediation,...