SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Dynamic molecular interactions
- 1Elastin-Like Polypeptides
- 4Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 4Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of
- 1Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, Department of/Research Publications (Mathematical and Statistical Sciences)
A novel nopoldiol-benzoxaborolate cross-link formed by a bioorthogonal click reaction between nopoldiol- and benzoxaborole-based components was developed for the preparation of biomaterials such as hydrogels and nanogels. In contrast to the traditional boronic ester-based cross-links, this...
Functional Self-healing Hydrogels Based on Dynamic Molecular Interactions for Biomedical ApplicationsDownload
Self-healing hydrogels can autonomously heal from damage to preserve their integrity and functionalities which hold great promises in a wide range of applications. Different types of dynamic molecular interactions have been explored to develop self-healing hydrogels. Nevertheless, it remains...
Human Plasma Adsorption to Biomaterials: Fundamental Level Chemical Modifications and Their Effects on BiocompatibilityDownload
The non-specific adsorption of proteins to biomaterials is a process that begins instantly upon implantation and results in the formation of a protein-rich layer coating the biomaterial surface. The consequences of this complex phenomenon are far-reaching and may affect both the biomaterial...
High-frequency ventilation isa radical departure from conventional lung ventilation, with frequenciesgreater than 2Hz, and volumesp er breath much smaller than the anatomical deadspace. Its use has been shown to benefit premature infants and patients with severe respiratory distress, but a vital...
The development of the Edmonton protocol was an important milestone in the process of establishing islet transplantation as a cure for diabetes. However, many challenges must still be overcome, including the shortage of donor organs. To address this issue, we believe that neonatal porcine islets...