SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Chakrabarti, Subhadeep
- 2Davidge, Sandra T.
- 2Kaufman, Susan
- 2Majumder, Kaustav
- 2Morton, Jude S.
- 2Panahi, Sareh
- 11Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 11Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 6Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 6Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of/Journal Articles (Renewable Resources)
- 3Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 2Department of Biological Sciences
- 2Department of Food Science
- 1Centre for Neuroscience
- 1Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutritional Science
- 1Department of Physiology
- 1Harris, Harriet L. (Biological Sciences)
- 1Keddie, B. Andrew (Biological Sciences)
- 1Schieber, Andreas (Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Taylor, Gregory (Biological Sciences)
- 1Tse, Amy (Centre for Neuroscience and Department of Pharmacology)
- 1Tse, Frederick (Centre for Neuroscience and Department of Pharmacology)
Activation of transcription factor Nrf2 signalling by the sphingosine kinase inhibitor SKI-II is mediated by the formation of Keap1 dimersDownload
Anti-oxidant capacity is crucial defence against environmental or endogenous oxidative stress. Nuclear factor erythroid 2-related factor 2 (Nrf2) is a redox-sensitive transcription factor that plays a key defensive role against oxidative and cytotoxic stress and cellular senescence. However, Nrf2...
Eggs are one of the most nutritious and economically affordable foods. They contain high quality proteins and lipids and serve as an important source of vitamins and minerals. Despite the nutritional importance, the egg industry is vulnerable to the consumers’ perception about egg cholesterol and...
Beneficial effects of simulated gastro-intestinal digests of fried egg and its fractions on blood pressure, plasma lipids and oxidative stress in spontaneously hypertensive ratsDownload
Background We have previously characterized several antihypertensive peptides in simulated digests of cooked eggs and showed blood pressure lowering property of fried whole egg digest. However, the long-term effects of this hydrolysate and its fractions on blood pressure are not known. Therefore,...
CHROMATOGRAPHY APPROACHES FOR ANALYZING FRYING OILS AND ASSESSING THE ANTIOXIDATIVE ABILITY OF SITOSTEROLDownload
The novel utility of sitosterol as an antioxidant in frying oils is explained mechanistically based on physical organic chemistry principles. The antioxidative effect of sitosterol is attributed to the conversion of sterol to steradiene by the 1, 2 elimination of water, which may be catalyzed by...
Combined effect of pressure-assisted thermal processing and antioxidants on the retention of conjugated linoleic acid in milkDownload
The effect of pressure-assisted thermal processing (PATP) in combination with seven synthetic antioxidants was evaluated on the retention of conjugated linoleic acid (CLA) in enriched milk. Milk rich in CLA was first saturated with oxygen, followed by the addition of either catechin, cysteine,...
Design and synthesis of arylthiophene-2-Carbaldehydes via suzuki-miyaura reactions and their biological evaluationDownload
A series of various novel 4-arylthiophene-2-carbaldehyde compounds were synthesized in moderate to excellent yields via Suzuki-Miyaura cross-coupling with different arylboronic pinacol esters/acids. The synthesized products were screened for their antibacterial, haemolytic, antiurease, and nitric...
Effects of dietary combination of 25-OH-D3 and canthaxanthin on performance, meat yield, bone characteristics and antioxidant status of broilers housed under commercial and experimental conditionsDownload
The effects of 25-hydroxy vitamin D3 (25-OH-D3), canthaxanthin (CX), alone and in combination on broiler performance, meat yield, oxidative status, skin colour and bone characteristics were evaluated in a field trial in Colombia and also under controlled experimental conditions in Canada. The...