SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- 2Sniff Nasal Pressure (SnP)
- 1Airway clearance
- 1Airway compromise in ALS
- 1Forced Vital Capacity (FVC)
- 1Non-Invasive Ventilation (NIV)
Symptom Management in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis: A Case Study
In this paper, a case study is used to discuss current concepts related to the evaluation and treatment of airway clearance and secretion management of patients with amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS).
Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) is a motor neuron disease characterized by the degeneration of both upper and lower motor neurons. These impairments cause functional limitations in many motor systems, including those supporting respiration and swallowing. As ALS progresses, specific...