SearchSkip to Search Results
- 82Physics, Department of
- 82Physics, Department of/Journal Articles (Physics)
- 1Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of
- 1Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 1Mechanical Engineering, Department of
- 1Mechanical Engineering, Department of/Journal Articles (Mechanical Engineering)
- 73Rankin, Robert
- 18Kabin, Konstantin
- 15Marchand, Richard
- 10Degeling, Alex W.
- 10Lu, J. Y.
- 8Gombosi, Tamas I.
Finite Larmor radius effects in stimulated Raman scattering
Stimulated Raman scattering from a magnetized plasma has been examined using the set of Vlasov–Maxwell equations. The incident laser light, propagating in the form of an extraordinary mode, decays into a scattered extraordinary mode together with electron‐Bernstein waves. For sufficiently strong...
The effects of a magnetic field on the Raman and two‐plasmon decay instabilities are studied in the region of the quarter‐critical density of laser produced plasmas where both are coincident. Two‐plasmon decay of the incident extraordinary wave into two upper‐hybrid waves may now occur in the...