SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1624Department of Educational Psychology
- 1200Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 992Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 943Department of Computing Science
- 842Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 841Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 43Xu, Zhenghe (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 35Kumar, Amit (Mechanical Engineering)
- 33Huang, Biao (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 31Liu, Qingxia (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 30Stroulia, Eleni (Computing Science)
- 27Al-Hussein, Mohamed (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Hydrological impacts of wildfire and climate change on sediment and organic carbon loads at the watershed scaleDownload
Climate change, extreme weather events, and disturbances such as wildfires alter hydrology, which in turn influences the cycling of water quality constituents such as sediments and nutrients. Organic carbon (OC) is an important element affecting water quality, as it can transport heavy metals,...
The Himalayan weather system is under the influence of both tropical and extratropical factors, and interactions between those factors can result in extreme weather-related disasters. However, due to an existing knowledge gap about the factors contributing to anomalous weather conditions over the...
This thesis inquires about sex work and informalities in Ukraine. Problematizing the dichotomy of “the happy hooker” and “the victim of trafficking,” I approach sex work as an always socially and culturally embedded phenomenon that deserves to be approached contextually. My study is based on...
This thesis will investigate anarchism as a political philosophy and a social movement in Edmonton, Alberta. This will involve analyzing the ways local anarchists have interpreted anarchist theory as well as ways they have publicly advanced anarchism and participated in projects which practice...
The significance of poxvirus manipulation of the host ubiquitin proteasome system has become increasingly apparent. Ubiquitin is post-translationally added to target proteins by a highly conserved enzymatic cascade, typically resulting in protein degradation via the 26S proteasome. The highly...
Unique cellular interactions between the obligate intracellular bacteria Wolbachia pipientis and its insect hostDownload
Wolbachia are maternally inherited obligate intracellular bacteria found in arthropods, where they induce feminization, male-killing, parthenogenesis, and cytoplasmic incompatibility (CI). CI is conditional male sterility, in which Wolbachia-infected males successfully mate with infected females,...