SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1599Department of Educational Psychology
- 1097Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 920Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 885Department of Computing Science
- 785Department of Chemistry
- 776Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 43Xu, Zhenghe (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 32Huang, Biao (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 31Kumar, Amit (Mechanical Engineering)
- 29Stroulia, Eleni (Computing Science)
- 27Liu, Qingxia (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 25Al-Hussein, Mohamed (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Drawing on ideas from turbulent plume theory, a novel solution is presented for buoyant convection from an isolated source in uniform and non-uniform porous media of finite extents. In the former case, the problem is divided into three flow regimes: (i) a negatively-buoyant plume, (ii)...
Quantification of Performance of Wildfire Chemicals using a Custom-Built Sensible Enthalpy Rise CalorimeterDownload
A simple and effective laboratory experiment was developed to investigate the relationship between coverage level, fuel load, and fire intensity for different vegetative fuels. The experiment consisted of a fuel bed consisting of known quantities of fuel load and applied coverage, and an...
This study examines the progress of young adult (YA) literature in the twenty-first century, as influenced by Web 2.0 social networking technology and sliding structural temporalities of age and maturity in these digital times. The context is Stephenie Meyer’s popular Twilight saga, a pioneering...
Soil Mesostigmata (Arachnida: Parasitiformes) in boreal forests of Alberta: diversity and utility as indicators of disturbanceDownload
Soils provide numerous ecosystem services, including provision of nutrients for plants, sequestration of greenhouse gases, and serving as habitat for soil animals. Soil animal diversity is immense, and many undescribed taxa still remain. One prominent group that inhabits soils is mites...
This study examines how educational administrators experience contributing to the public sphere of academic-media discourse. Opinion editorials (op-eds) written by higher education administrators are expressions of administrative praxis that have the capacity to inspire meaningful change in the...