SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 3Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Health Sciences)
- 1Grant Assist Program (Health Sciences)/Resources & Workshops – Budget
- 1Modern Languages and Cultural Studies, Department of
- 1Modern Languages and Cultural Studies, Department of/Honours Theses (Modern Languages and Cultural Studies)
SSHRC IDG awarded 2018: The proposed research focuses on suicide terrorism. It investigates operatives or captives of Boko Haram (Nigeria) who deliberately refused to detonate their suicide vests. Scholars have overwhelmingly focused on "successful" suicide terrorism with much attention on the...
SSHRC IDG awarded 2018: This mixed-method, qualitative critical policy analysis project builds on preliminary analysis of data from the Canadian Labour Force Survey, to explore in greater depth the phenomenon of under-employment of women in Canada, beginning with mothers of preschool children....
Results of Strategic CIHR Competitions with Decisions in January - May 2018
SSHRC IDG awarded 2018: The research seeks to disrupt settler, colonial, race-based understandings of the Métis-as-mixed and as victims of fragmented social geographies, by applying a place-based analysis of Métis peoplehood. Drawing on methods from Archaeology, History, Women's Studies, and...
This project focuses on the history and process of translating and publishing selected Anglophone Nigerian novels into French, with a special focus on elements of hybridity. The corpus consists of novels written by canonical and non-canonical, male and female Nigerian authors in the years after...