SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Food sustainability - Northern Canda
- 2Gardens - Northern Canada
- 1Community Gardens - Arctic Regions
- 1Community Gardens - Northern Canda
- 1Continuous Daylight - Northern Canada
- 1Country food - Arctic Regions
In the Inuvik Community Greenhouse, participants grow gardens in raised beds. This bed has tomatoes, lettuce, beets and kale.
Smoked white fish bought from local community member at the airport - Aklavik - June 2016
This image shows a pond in the foreground and the buildings of the town of Aklavik in the background. Shot at 2:00 a.m., the image documents the continuous daylight received by this location in July.
A small motor boat is drawn up on the beach of the Peel Channel near Aklavik, NT. The Richardson Mountains are in the background
This image shows the interior of the Inuvik Community Greenhouse. Some of the raised beds have string or rope lattices for climbing plants. Plants being grown include lettuce, potatoes and rhubarb.