SearchSkip to Search Results
- 230Department of Public Health Sciences
- 72Department of Medical Sciences
- 1Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science
- 1Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 1Department of Economics
- 1Department of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences
- 2Elamy, Abdel-Halim H
- 2Wang, Jian
- 1Adams, Denise
- 1Al Sayah, Fatima
- 1Al-Ahmadi, Somaia
- 1Alam, Shomoita
- 6Yasui, Yutaka (Public Health Sciences)
- 4Senthilselvan, Ambikaipakan (Public Health Sciences)
- 3Dinu, Irina (Department of Public Health Sciences)
- 3Senthilselvan, Ambikaipakan (Department of Public Health Sciences)
- 2Beach, Jeremy (Department of Medicine)
- 2Davis, Faith (School of Public Health)
Using Malaria Rapid Diagnostic Tests in Ghana: Understanding Healthcare Providers' Compliance with Policy Guidelines for Malaria Diagnosis in Peripheral FacilitiesDownload
Financing and implementation of malaria control measures expanded vastly over the past decade, leading to substantial reductions in global malaria morbidity and mortality. Yet malaria still threatens health and socio-economic development among the poorest populations particularly in sub-Saharan...
The era of HIV in Uganda has impacted every sector of society, especially the health system. Nurses are commonly the only health professionals available at rural health facilities, working with heavy workloads in difficult circumstances. This study examined how rural nurses cared for people...
Treatment Variation and Its Association with Survival in Patients Diagnosed with Stage I-III Breast Cancers in Alberta 2002-2010: A Population-Based StudyDownload
Standard treatments for patients with stage I-III breast cancers include 1) breast conserving surgery (BCS) plus adjuvant radiotherapy; 2) mastectomy; and 3) BCS alone (e.g. age > 70 in stage I for ER/PR+ status and received hormone therapy). Currently, there is a lack of information regarding...
Transcatheter Aortic Valve Implantation (TAVI) for the Treatment of Aortic Valve Stenosis: a Systematic ReviewDownload
Introduction: Aortic stenosis (AS) is the most common form of heart valve disease in the western world. As the population ages, this disease is becoming an increasing burden on patients and on the health care system. Current drug therapies (medical management (MM)) cannot reverse the course of...
The increasing popularity of traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) therapies as health care options warrants thorough examination of the efficacy and safety evidence around these therapies. This thesis explores the intersection of TCM and fatigue using two rigorous methodologies: systematic reviews...