SearchSkip to Search Results
- 217Department of Modern Languages and Cultural Studies
- 2Department of Anthropology
- 2Humanities Computing
- 1Department of Art and Design
- 1Department of History and Classics
- 1Department of Music
- 2Alibrahim, Bashair
- 2Boivin, Jennifer
- 2Guyot, Adrien
- 2Lesiv, Mariya, 1978-
- 2Sembaliuk Cheladyn, Larisa N
- 1Abdolmaleki, Kara
- 12Malena, Anne (Modern Languages and Cultural Studies)
- 5Pogosjan, Jelena (Modern Languages and Cultural Studies)
- 4Nedashkivska, Alla (Modern Languages and Cultural Studies)
- 4Rao, Sathya (Modern Languages and Cultural Studies)
- 4Smith-Prei, Carrie (Modern Languages and Cultural Studies)
- 3Cisneros, Odile (Modern Languages and Cultural Studies)
The ultimate goal of second/foreign language (SL/FL) teaching and learning is to develop communicative competence, in which particular importance is placed on pragmatic competence. Pragmatic competence enables speakers to interpret and convey messages appropriately in a variety of communicative...
Representation of Self and Others is a wide-spread focus of research among scholars from many disciplines. This study approaches the phenomenon of Self and Other from a linguistic standpoint. The main goal is to reveal methods of creating images of Self and Others in the context of blogs and link...
Trauma is unspeakable and hard to comprehend. Thus, it is through the artistic expression of the internal and external conflicts caused by traumatic events that we can come to a deeper understanding of trauma. I consider three Ukrainian texts about WWI and the Revolution of 1917 as important...
This dissertation was undertaken to test the premise whether the modern Kozak revival was or could be used as a platform by the Ukrainian national cultural establishment for renegotiation, reformation, and consolidation of national identity in post-Soviet Ukraine. Its primary aim was to observe...
This work discusses the complexity of Mikhail Bulgakov’s novel The Master and Margarita. It investigates the challenges encountered when translating the novel into a different language as well as into a different medium. The first part of the thesis briefly examines the history of creation of the...
This thesis examines some of the difficulties and challenges associated with translating a work about the Catholic religion from French into English. I have chosen to translate excerpts from the book Lefebvristes: le retour by Gérard Leclerc which deals with radical Catholic traditionalism and...