SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Traditional Medicine - Northern Canada
- 2Country food - Northern Canada
- 2Traditional food - Northern Canada
- 2Wild berries - Northern Canada
- 1Amelanchier alnifolia (lat)
- 1Canada, Northwest Territories, Yellowknife
A member of the gooseberry family, skunkberries or skunk currants are found across nothern Canada. This edible berry has a strong odor and bristly. Skunkberries can be used to make jelly and were used as a traditional medicine by Indigenous people.
This is one of a series of paintings of berries that are affixed to the exterior south wall of the Yellowknife Inn.