SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Gow, Gordon (Supervisor)
- 3Curry, Ann (Supervisor)
- 3Forcier, Eric
- 3Gow, Gordon A. (Supervisor)
- 2Adria, Marco (Supervisor)
- 2Fletcher, Fay (Supervisor)
- 25Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 25Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 8Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 8Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 3School of Library and Information Studies
- 2University of Alberta Libraries
Using Social Media for Health Information: How New Technologies are Being Used in HIV/AIDS CommunicationDownload
Social networking sites, mobile technologies and other information and communications technologies have become popular ways of connecting. The health information field is no exception; however, what are best practices and strategies to effectively use the affordances of these tools, and currently...
A presentation about social media and web 2.0 technologies for the Edmonton Law Librarians Association. Presented in 2010.
Tweets to put Students in the Driver’s Seat: A Systematic Review of Twitter in Medical EducationDownload
Background Social media has transformed communication and information dissemination. Despite its almost ubiquitous use among students, its impact on medical education (ME) is less clear. Among social media platforms, Twitter facilitates active participation, fosters concise discussions, may be...