SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Löbenberg, Raimar
- 4Serpe, Michael J.
- 3Azarmi, Shirzad
- 3Roa, Wilson H.
- 2Finlay, W. H.
- 2Gao, Yongfeng
- 40Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 40Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 6Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of
- 6Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of/Journal Articles (Pharmacy)
- 4Chemistry, Department of
- 4Chemistry, Department of/Journal Articles (Chemistry)
- 8Article (Published)
- 1Article (Draft / Submitted)
- 1Conference/Workshop Poster
- 1Conference/Workshop Presentation
- 9Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 8Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 8Department of Chemistry
- 4Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 3Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 2Department of Biological Sciences
- 2Semagina, Natalia (Chemical and Material Engineering)
- 1Babadagli, Tayfun (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Babadagli, Tayfun (School of Mining & Petroleum Engineering)
- 1Babadagli, Tayfun (School of Mining and Petroleum Engineering)
- 1Boluk, Yaman (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Buriak, Jillian (Chemistry)
Plant protein gel formation mechanisms and their applications as delivery systems of bioactive compoundsDownload
The objective of this research was to understand the gel formation mechanisms of plant proteins by both heat- and cold-induced methods, and use the knowledge gained to design plant protein gels with improved mechanical properties for food applications and as nutraceutical delivery systems. In the...
The elements of Group 14 show an extensive range of chemical behaviors. Lying at the boundary between metals and non-metals, some members of Group 14, namely silicon and germanium, are intermediate in their properties. These semiconductors are extremely important in science and technology. Si,...
Temperature and pH responsive semi-interpenetrating network (semi-IPN) hydrogel-based bilayer actuators were fabricated by generating a poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) (pNIPAm)-based hydrogel in the presence of positively charged polyelectrolyte poly(diallyldimethylammonium chloride) (pDADMAC) on a...
Exploiting the Enhanced Permeability and Retention Effect for the Targeting of Tumors with 18F-SiFA Polymer NanoparticlesDownload
Over the last several decades great progress has been made in cancer diagnosis and detection. One foundation of this progress has been improved imaging technologies. Among the most promising imaging technologies for cancer detection is Positron Emission Tomography (PET). PET imaging allows for...
This thesis reports the separation behavior of SDS-protein complexes in colloidal self-assembled (CSA) nanoparticle beds, and the processes of stabilization of CSA beds for high voltage separation. First, the variation of electrophoretic mobility with molecular weight (6.5-66 kDa) of SDS-protein...
Extraction of canola proteins and assessment of their applications: cruciferin for encapsulation of bioactives and napin as a chaperone-like moleculeDownload
Canola is a farm-gate crop in Canada. Canola meal after oil extraction is used mostly as animal feed with limited value-added applications. Canola proteins are known to have great potential for use in food and non-food applications due to their nutritional, biological and functional properties....
Engineered nanomaterials (NMs), tiny synthetic materials having at least one dimension between one and one hundred billionths of a metre, are increasingly being developed for and incorporated into a myriad of commercial, consumer, and industrial applications due to their unique and tailorable...
Macrophages are the primary cells of innate immunity that provide the first line of defence against any external stimuli. Their phagocytic properties enable them to engulf invading microbes or foreign particles. The phagocytic capability of macrophages plays a major role in interfering with drug...
Sequential and controlled release of small molecules from poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) microgel-based reservoir devicesDownload
Systems composed of a poly(N-isopropylacrylamide)-co-acrylic acid (pNIPAm-co-AAc) microgels (AAc-MG) and poly(N-isopropylacrylamide-3-(acrylamido)phenylboronic acid) (pNIPAm-co-APBA) microgels (APBA-MG) were used to sequentially release small molecules to a system in a controlled and triggered...