SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Successful SSHRC
- 3Language acquisition
- 3Second language acquisition
- 25Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 25Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 4Linguistics, Department of
- 4Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 4Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
- 2Linguistics, Department of/Research Publications (Linguistics)
Visual processing of Vietnamese compound words: A multivariate analysis using corpus linguistic and psycholinguistic paradigms
This dissertation investigates disyllabic compound words in Vietnamese, an isolating tone language, using corpus linguistics and psycholinguistic experimental paradigms. Chapter 2 reports the construction of two corpora and a database of wide range of lexical variables. Chapter 3 discusses a...
A number of speech perception studies have been carried out to investigate how we process audio signals containing real words. However, comparatively fewer studies have been conducted looking at how listeners process audio signals containing phonotactically legal pseudowords. Some traditional...
Background. Stuttered speech (e.g., th-ththth-th-ththth-the car) and typical disfluencies (e.g., thee uh car) have some similarities. Previous research describes a tendency in listeners to predict that a speaker will refer to an unfamiliar object, rather than a familiar one, when both are equally...