SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Serpe, Michael J.
- 2Gao, Yongfeng
- 2Ullah, Aman
- 1Abbasi Dezfouli, Meysam
- 1Ahiabu, Andrews
- 1Akin, Oguz
- 26Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 26Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 5Chemistry, Department of
- 4Chemistry, Department of/Journal Articles (Chemistry)
- 2WISEST Summer Research Program
- 2WISEST Summer Research Program/WISEST Research Posters
- 10Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 4Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2Department of Biomedical Engineering
- 2Department of Chemistry
- 2Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 2Choi, Phillip (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Antoniuk, Tim (Industrial Design)
- 1Backhouse, Chris (Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo)
- 1Boluk, Yaman (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Buriak, Jillian M. (Chemistry)
- 1Davies, Evan (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
Management of oil sands tailings from bitumen extraction operations remains a challenge for mineable oil sands producers. Promoting fine solids settling in tailings ponds is key to treating oil sands tailings. Present study explores two methods of tailings treatment – ATA process and polymer...
Synthesis and Characterization of Phosphorylcholine-based Polymers and Nanogels via the Reversible Addition Fragmentation Chain Transfer ProcessDownload
2-Methacryloyloxyethyl Phosphorylcholine is an interesting biocompatible monomer. An improved method for the synthesis of poly(MPC) and its copolymers using Reversible Addition-Fragmentation chain Transfer (RAFT) has been discussed in the first part of the thesis. Previous reports related to the...
Song, Qiao, Gao, Yongfeng, Xu, Jiang-Fei, Qin, Bo, Serpe, Michael J., Zhang, Xi
This letter describes a new method for fabricating supramolecular microgels from supramonomers. To this end, we designed and assembled supramonomers with one acrylate moiety on each end on the basis of noncovalent host–guest interactions, which could be utilized as a cross-linker. Then...
Storm water ponds have been widely constructed over the past four decades as part of municipal storm water drainage systems. These ponds are designed to collect neighborhood storm water run-off to reduce flooding, but can also improve the quality of water discharged to surface water bodies by...
Sequential and controlled release of small molecules from poly(N-isopropylacrylamide) microgel-based reservoir devicesDownload
Serpe, Michael J., Wong, Ka Y., Ahiabu, Andrews, Gao, Yongfeng
Systems composed of a poly(N-isopropylacrylamide)-co-acrylic acid (pNIPAm-co-AAc) microgels (AAc-MG) and poly(N-isopropylacrylamide-3-(acrylamido)phenylboronic acid) (pNIPAm-co-APBA) microgels (APBA-MG) were used to sequentially release small molecules to a system in a controlled and triggered...
Nanomechanical resonators are explored as mass sensors and molecular sensors due to their high sensitivity and real time label-free detection ability, respectively. One downside of mechanical molecular sensing is the lack of chemical information carried in the signal. For this reason, a...
SEM Images of Block Copolymer Templated Patterns from PS-b-P2VP on Silicon with Platinum for Testing with ADAblock
SEM Images of Block Copolymer Templated Patterns from PS-b-P2VP on Silicon with Platinum for Testing with ADAblockDownload
Scanning electron microscope (SEM) images of patterns derived from polystyrene-block-poly(2-vinylpyridine), where the poly(2-vinylpyridine) domains replaced with platinum metal. All samples were annealed for 20 minutes at 200 degrees celsius. Polymers used include PS(23.6k)-b-P2VP(10.4k),...
Dewatering of the oil sands mature fine tailings (MFT) is studied through pressure filtration following treatment by dual polymer flocculants. Polymer pairs consisting of anionic polyacrylamide (A3335) and cationic polyDADMAC (Alcomer 7115), and A3335 and non-ionic polyethylene oxide (PEO) are...