SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Löbenberg, Raimar
- 4Serpe, Michael J.
- 3Azarmi, Shirzad
- 3Roa, Wilson H.
- 2Finlay, W. H.
- 2Gao, Yongfeng
- 39Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 39Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 6Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of
- 6Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of/Journal Articles (Pharmacy)
- 4Chemistry, Department of
- 4Chemistry, Department of/Journal Articles (Chemistry)
- 8Article (Published)
- 1Article (Draft / Submitted)
- 1Conference/Workshop Poster
- 1Conference/Workshop Presentation
- 8Department of Agricultural, Food, and Nutritional Science
- 8Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 8Department of Chemistry
- 4Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 3Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- 2Department of Biological Sciences
- 2Semagina, Natalia (Chemical and Material Engineering)
- 1Babadagli, Tayfun (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Babadagli, Tayfun (School of Mining & Petroleum Engineering)
- 1Babadagli, Tayfun (School of Mining and Petroleum Engineering)
- 1Boluk, Yaman (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Buriak, Jillian (Chemistry)
Klassen, John S., Yao, Yuyu, Serpe, Michael J., Xu, Wenwen
Anisotropic particles have generated an enormous amount of research interest due to their applications for drug delivery, electronic displays and as micromotors. However, up till now, there is no single protocol capable of generating particles of “patchy” composition with a variety of...
Synthesis and screening of heterogeneous multimetallic nanoparticle catalysts for mono-, poly- and heteroaromatic hydrogenation activity under mild conditionsDownload
Nanoparticle catalysts have shown to be advantageous over traditional catalysts for many reasons and active for a wide variety of reactions. This thesis describes an approach for the synthesis and screening of heterogeneous multimetallic nanoparticle catalysts for aromatic hydrogenation activity...
Protein Separation with Self-Assembled Nanoparticle Beds: Mechanism and Separation PerformanceDownload
This thesis reports the separation behavior of SDS-protein complexes in colloidal self-assembled (CSA) nanoparticle beds, and the processes of stabilization of CSA beds for high voltage separation. First, the variation of electrophoretic mobility with molecular weight (6.5-66 kDa) of SDS-protein...
Mimicking the Behaviors of Oil Contaminated Clays Using Functionalized Silica NanoparticlesDownload
Fine sand and clay particles arise naturally in diverse industrial and environmental remediation contexts. Organic compounds for example from oil production or oil spills can adsorb on their surface and influence their oil water interfacial behaviors. To isolate the impact of contamination and...
Preparation of liposomes and Encapsulation of Bioactives Using Supercritical Carbon DioxideDownload
Liposomes are versatile vesicles of a phospholipid bilayer, which offer great protection for active compounds. Encapsulated compounds can be protected from the unfavorable external conditions so that their chemical stability and bioavailability can be greatly enhanced. The supercritical carbon...
Characterization of magnetic nanoparticles as contrast agents and their application for quantitative magnetic susceptibility monitoring of the waterflooding of heavy oil in real timeDownload
Waterflooding is one enhanced oil recovery process used in heavy oil reservoirs such as at Cold Lake in North-Eastern Alberta. However, little has been published in terms of imaging heavy oil waterfloods, mainly due to the similar densities of water and heavy oil, which makes it difficult to...
A new aerosol particle classiﬁer, the Aerodynamic Aerosol Classifier (AAC), is presented with some of its applications. The instrument uses a centrifugal force and sheath flow between two concentric rotating cylinders to produce a monodisperse aerosol classified by aerodynamic diameter. Since...
The purpose of this project was to formulate, modify and evaluate nanoparticles for targeting asialoglycoprotein receptor found in large numbers exclusively on hepatocyte surfaces. Our goal is to increase the efficacy, reduce the side effects and the cost of the hydrophilic drugs administered to...