SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative/Journal Articles & Research Abstracts (Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative)
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of/Journal Articles (Renewable Resources)
Abstract: Early establishment of white spruce (Picea glauca) in mixedwood boreal forest stands following fire was examined at several times-since-fire (1-, 2-, 4-, 6-, 14-years). Abiotic and biotic conditions in the stands were assessed at two scales, tree plot (5 in x 5 in) and microsite (1 m x...
Plants engage in diverse and intimate interactions with unrelated taxa. For example, aboveground. oral visitors provide pollination services, while belowground arbuscular mycorrhizal fungi (AMF) enhance nutrient capture. Traditionally in ecology, these processes were studied in isolation,...