SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Maternal health
- 154 nutrient transport
- 1Atlas.ti software
- 1Gastrointestinal adaptation
- 1Nursing, Faculty of
- 1Nursing, Faculty of/Health Equity
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Agricultural, Life, and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of
- 1Agricultural, Life, and Environmental Sciences, Faculty of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Life, & Environmental Sciences)
Adequate adaptation of the gastrointestinal (GI) tract is important during pregnancy to ensure that the increased metabolic demands by the developing fetus are met. These include changes in surface area mediated by villus hypertrophy and enhanced functional capacity of individual nutrient...
Sources of Informal Support for women experiencing Obstetrical Fistula: A Focused Ethnographic StudyDownload
Obstetric fistula is a devastating complication of childbirth and a neglected global health issue. Ghana, a low-income country in sub-Saharan country is plagued with high maternal mortality and morbidity rates including an estimated 500 to 1000 new cases of obstetric fistula every year. Despite...
Addressing invisibility, inferiority, and powerlessness to achieve gains in maternal health for ultra-poor women
Alberta is a popular Canadian destination for new immigrants, including childbearing families. Although evidence suggests that immigrant women can have difficulty utilizing maternity care services, researchers have little knowledge of how factors such as ethnic group, English-language skills,...