SearchSkip to Search Results
- 97Forest management
- 62Sustainable forestry
- 16Canada, Alberta
- 7Forests and forestry
- 6Forest fires
- 12Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 7Bergeron, Yves
- 6Gauthier, Sylvie
- 6Krogman, Naomi
- 5Adamowicz, Wiktor
- 4Schmiegelow, Fiona
- 89Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 55Sustainable Forest Management Network/Project Reports (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
- 10Sustainable Forest Management Network/News Releases (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
- 8Sustainable Forest Management Network/Synthesis Reports (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
- 8Sustainable Forest Management Network/State of Knowledge Reports (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
- 8Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology, Department of
Project Report 2001-16
The assessment of progress towards sustainability through the use of indicators has been the focus of many forest management and environmental agencies worldwide. Many countries have developed and report on their own set of \"Criteria and Indicators\" (C&I) and forest certification schemes almost...
Measuring Forest Resource Values: An Assessment of Choice Experiments and Preference Construction Methods as Public Involvement ToolsDownload
Human values arising from forests include market and non-market values. Timber values and values of non-timber forest products traded in markets (berries, wild rice, etc.) are considered market values. Among non-market values are recreation values and values associated with wildlife harvesting by...
One of the guiding themes for forest management policy throughout much of North America is sustained yield. The basic premise behind this theme is that a constant or non-declining flow of services from the forest is socially desirable. Unfortunately, the act of capturing the benefits of this...
In Canada, where most forest lands are publicly owned, forest management responsibilities are delegated to the private sector through licensing arrangements which grant limited usurfructuary rights. In order to ensure that public silvicultural goals are met on licensed public lands, various...