SearchSkip to Search Results
- 11Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 11Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 5Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 5Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
- 4Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 4Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 3Department of Educational Psychology
- 2Faculty of Nursing
- 1Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science
- 1Department of Educational Policy Studies
- 1Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 1Department of Modern Languages and Cultural Studies
Teaching portfolios have been used by faculty in postsecondary institutions for summative and formative evaluations since the early 1980s (Knapper, 1995). Despite their proliferation, there remains much to be learned about the use of teaching portfolios and whether they are perceived as being...
The adoption of powered myoelectric prostheses and their ability to improve quality of life for persons with amputations is hindered by the difficulty of controlling multiple degrees of freedom with a limited number of input signals. Different myoelectric control strategies have been developed to...
SSHRC Awarded PG 2019: Children's early experiences and environments profoundly impact their development and the economic and social fabric of our communities. Given this knowledge, early childhood is a priority across Canada. Despite significant investment in early childhood in recent decades,...
An Investigation of Integrating Program- and System-level Datasets for Examining Relationships Among Variables of a Complex Health SystemDownload
The potential for integrated program- and system-level datasets for generating previously inaccessible evaluative insights remains untapped. This study, situated within a yearlong evaluation of a lifestyle intervention program for patients with metabolic syndrome (MetS), provides an illustrative...
SSHRC Awarded IG 2018: The goal of this research is to explore professionals' self-assessment and engagement in self-regulated training, using a medical education program as proxy for other professional training programs. Professionals must be able to stay current in skills and knowledge. Being...
SSHRC Insight grant awarded 2017: The project aims to determine the short- and long-term outcomes of interpretive programs in Alberta's provincial parks, the factors influencing those outcomes, and the consistency of outcomes with staff perceptions of provincial goals, policies, and strategies....
Promoting Evaluation Utilization in Developmental Evaluation: A Case Study Exploring Organizational ConditionsDownload
The current study extends the enduring interest in evaluation utilization by researchers with a focus on developmental evaluation (DE) practices. A qualitative case study design examines what organizational conditions promote evaluation utilization by stakeholders during a DE process. The DE...