SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative
- 1Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative/Journal Articles & Research Abstracts (Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative)
- 1ERA General Collection
- 1ERA General Collection/Supplementary Thesis Materials (ERA General)
Generating Electricity from Agricultural Residue Biomass in Bolivia; A GIS and Techno-economic AnalysisDownload
Agricultural residues, a renewable source of energy, are widely available in Bolivia. Using agricultural residues to generate electricity on a large scale could decrease dependence on fossil fuels and provide a secure energy supply. Although the country depends on natural gas to generate...
This thesis examines market power in a deregulated electricity market, and comprises two distinct areas of research grouped into three chapters. The thesis begins by overviewing electricity markets, including descriptions of uniformprice and discriminatory-price electricity auctions (and the...