SearchSkip to Search Results
- 12Canada--Quebec--LG-2 and surrounding area
- 12Community centers
- 6Canada--Nunavut [NWT]-- [Arviat [Eskimo Point]]
- 25Halpern, Joel Martin
- 1Campbell, Katherine
- 1Chibuk, Noreen E.
- 1Cox-Bishop, Marlene (Supervisor)
- 1Fletcher, Rebecca E.
- 25Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive
- 25Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive/Northern North America Collection
- 2Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 2Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 2Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
SSHRC IDG funded in 2017: If people learn to speak the same language, can broken communication be avoided? Both research and anecdotal evidence tell us “no”. In contrast to language differences, differences in speaking styles are far more difficult to detect. Although knowledge of different...
Recipient response behaviour during Japanese storytelling: a combined quantitative/multimodal approachDownload
This study explores the role of speaker and listener gaze in the production of recipient responses, often called backchannels or, in Japanese, aizuchi. Using elicited narrative audio/video data, speaker gaze and recipient response behaviours were first analyzed quantitatively. The results showed...