SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Adria, Marco (Supervisor)
- 3Campbell, Kathryn J. (Supervisor)
- 3European Graduate School
- 3Levine, Stephen K.
- 2Cummings, G. G.
- 18Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 18Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 15Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 15Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 10Toolkit for Grant Success
- 10Toolkit for Grant Success/Successful Grants (Toolkit for Grant Success)
- 3Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2Department of Educational Psychology
- 2Department of Psychology
- 2School of Library and Information Studies
- 1Department of Anthropology
- 1Department of Computing Science
- 1Cockburn, Bruce F. (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Dr. Christina Rinaldi, Educational Psychology
- 1Eastlick Kushner, Kaysi (Faculty of Nursing)
- 1Gaudet, Vincent (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Gierl, Mark J. (Educational Psychology)
- 1Given, Lisa (Library and Information Studies)
Simulation of quantization noise effects on the performance of a wireless preamble detector and demonstration of a functional FPGA prototypeDownload
This thesis describes the implementation of the physical layer for an experimental low-power wireless communication device. The system utilizes differential coherent correlation and threshold-based detection to produce a robust random-access packet-based communications protocol. Prior to...
Sedelow, Sally Y., Sedelow, Walter A., Ruggles, Terry, Gerbner, George, Holsti, Ole R., Krippendorff, Klaus, Paisley, William K., Stone, Philip J., Horowitz, Floyd R., Kachru, Braj B., Stahlke, Herbert, Bryan, Robert, Ford, Frank, Harris, Herbert, Taylor, Scott, Smith, Walter L., Bardez, Joan N., H. Buttelmann, William, Hickok, William G., Peters, Joan, Gerig, Thomas, Rosen, Larry, Smith, John B., Lewis, Peggy, Warfel, Sam, Dillon, Martin, Shaffer, Juliet, Joyce, Frank, Kosakowski, Thomas, Wagner, David, Wright, Harrel, Fisher, Gerald, Sawin, Lewis, Rockwell, Geoffrey, Nyhan, Julianne, Sinclair, Stéfan
This is a collection of items from the personal collection of Sally Yeates Sedelow, sent to Dr. Geoffrey Rockwell at the University of Alberta over the course of several years in the 2010s. The collection contains published journal articles, conference presentations, Sally Sedelow's C.V., working...
Reduced-Complexity Transceiver Signal Processing Algorithms for Massive MIMO and mmWave Cellular SystemsDownload
Future broadband cellular networks will have to accommodate explosively growing demand for high bit rate data services. The adoption of multiple-input multiple-output (MIMO) designs with large antenna arrays (also known as massive MIMO) and the use of millimeter wave (mmWave) frequency bands are...
SSHRC IG awarded 2022: "Reading for Our Lives" is a project that investigates the following questions: 1) Why readers turn to memoir to understand the world, 2) what kind of life narratives are present in their social media posts, 3) what role do social media platforms play in shaping readers’...
Resources available to clients and their families about progressive aphasia (PA) are often missing experiential information about living with aphasia. In order to bridge this gap, the authors paired emotionally charged imagery along with academic research to provide a holistic understanding of...
POIESIS: A Journal of the Arts and Communication is an annual periodical which publishes research from the fields of Expressive Arts and Media & Communications. It is supported by the European Graduate School (EGS) in Switzerland, which offers Masters and Doctoral programs in these fields.