SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Adria, Marco (Supervisor)
- 3Campbell, Kathryn J. (Supervisor)
- 3European Graduate School
- 3Levine, Stephen K.
- 2Cummings, G. G.
- 18Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 18Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 15Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 15Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 10Toolkit for Grant Success
- 10Toolkit for Grant Success/Successful Grants (Toolkit for Grant Success)
- 3Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2Department of Educational Psychology
- 2Department of Psychology
- 2School of Library and Information Studies
- 1Department of Anthropology
- 1Department of Computing Science
- 1Cockburn, Bruce F. (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Dr. Christina Rinaldi, Educational Psychology
- 1Eastlick Kushner, Kaysi (Faculty of Nursing)
- 1Gaudet, Vincent (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Gierl, Mark J. (Educational Psychology)
- 1Given, Lisa (Library and Information Studies)
POIESIS: A Journal of the Arts and Communication is an annual periodical which publishes research from the fields of Expressive Arts and Media & Communications. It is supported by the European Graduate School (EGS) in Switzerland, which offers Masters and Doctoral programs in these fields.
In 1982, the population of hippopotami within a 127 km stretch of the Mara River, southwestern Kenya, was in excess of 2800 animals. The average group size was 13.3 individuals; 8 percent adult males, 36 percent adult females, 27 percent subadults, and 29 percent unweaned calves. Males were...
Standing In a Crowded Room Shouting At No One: How The Government of Alberta Uses Twitter to Engage AlbertansDownload
Purpose – This paper explores Government of Alberta attempts to engage citizens using Twitter in 2018, and how successful any attempts at engagement were. Design/methodology/approach – Mixed-methods content analysis using @YourAlberta as a case study; quantitative analysis of 1,339 tweets guided...
Simulation of quantization noise effects on the performance of a wireless preamble detector and demonstration of a functional FPGA prototypeDownload
This thesis describes the implementation of the physical layer for an experimental low-power wireless communication device. The system utilizes differential coherent correlation and threshold-based detection to produce a robust random-access packet-based communications protocol. Prior to...
In this thesis, we present Structured Message Transport (SMT). SMT is a transport protocol coordinator designed to alleviate the head-of-line blocking problem of existing transport layer protocols including the most widely used, transmission control protocol (TCP). SMT uses explicit dependency...
Is What You See What You Get? Exploring the Role of Virtual Reference Icons on Academic Library WebsitesDownload
The goal of this study is to better understand academic library design, selection, and use of web icons. An additional goal is to discover some of the possible consequences of icon design decisions for student users. This research is meant to help library staff better understand the factors...
Score reporting serves a critical function as the interface between the test developer and a diverse audience of test users. The basic requirements for score reporting are clearly identified within the Standards for Educational and Psychological Testing (1999). However, the methods to achieve...
Using Social Media for Health Information: How New Technologies are Being Used in HIV/AIDS CommunicationDownload
Social networking sites, mobile technologies and other information and communications technologies have become popular ways of connecting. The health information field is no exception; however, what are best practices and strategies to effectively use the affordances of these tools, and currently...
The Neural Encoding of Heterospecific Vocalizations in the Avian Pallium: An Ethological ApproachDownload
Songbirds (order Passeriformes, suborder Oscines) have captured the attention of scientists and non-scientists alike with their vocal signals. The black-capped chickadee (genus Poecile) uses its namesake call, chick-a-dee, to convey a variety of information. In Chapter 2 and 3, I examine the...
Online Library Communities: An Analysis of Ten Canadian Public Library Websites and Social MediaDownload
This thesis addresses the question of whether or not Canadian public libraries are creating online communities through their websites and social media pages. Studies into what sense of community entails, both physically and digitally have been conducted outside of the library and information...