SearchSkip to Search Results
- 40Edmonton Social Planning Council
- 9Novak, Frank
- 8Adewale, A.
- 8Birdsell, J.M.
- 8Estabrooks, C.
- 8Newton, M.S.
- 71Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)
- 44Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 37Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology, Department of
- 34Sustainable Forest Management Network
- 29Sustainable Forest Management Network/Project Reports (Sustainable Forest Management Network)
- 28Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology, Department of/Project Reports (Resource Economics & Environmental Sociology)
This work is intended as an introduction to how school-teaching in northern Alberta may be affected by past and present conditions of nature, human settlement, and history of schooling in the region. Teacher education in Canada is served by different programs that reflect their provincial...
Health researchers in Alberta: An exploratory comparison of defining characteristics and knowledge translation activitiesDownload
Background: Canadian funding agencies are no longer content to support research that solely advances scientific knowledge, and key directives are now in place to promote research transfer to policy- and decision-makers. Therefore, it is necessary to improve our understanding of how researchers...
A central role of the farm operator, and one that determines the ability of the operator to cope with uncertainty, is the making of decisions. The situations which necessitate decisions on the farm are complicated by the dual nature of the farm household which encompasses two separate, yet...
The workshop recorded in these proceedings was organized by the Alberta Reclamation Research Technical Advisory Committee as the first step in developing a Native Shrub Research Program for reclamation. While the importance of a detailed literature survey was recognized and is presently...
The effective management of water resources in Alberta is crucial to sustainable agriculture, industrial development, and environmental management. The historical water allocation mechanism, administration apportionment, has been viewed in recent years as ineffective and cumbersome. Accordingly,...