SearchSkip to Search Results
- 19Adult education
- 2Continuing education
- 1Administrative history
- 1Adult learning
- 1Albrecht, Lauren
- 1Anderson, Kathleen J.
- 1Betton, John.
- 1Braun, Conrad.
- 1Buterman, Jan L.
- 1Chubb, Aaron
- 17Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 17Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Institute for Sexual Minority Studies and Services (iSMSS)
- 1Institute for Sexual Minority Studies and Services (iSMSS)/Journal Articles (iSMSS)
- 1Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive
- 1Joel Martin Halpern Image Archive/Northern North America Collection
This study asks how members of the Edmonton Industrial Workers of the World (IWW) are learning to challenge capitalist hegemony. A critical ethnographic method is used to explore the question. A history of education in the IWW and related movements provides a foreground to findings and analysis...
One little-noticed yet increasingly vital technology is the birth certificate. The existence of any technology transforms the environment, yet many technologies--just as the birth certificate--remain generally unnoticed or disregarded as neutral. Locating my research within a media ecology...
For some time, adult educators have fixated on the divisive notion that lifelong learning is usurping the field of study and practice. Such a fixation not only undermines the value of adult education, but it also limits opportunities to see the porous and interrelated nature of public, adult, and...