SearchSkip to Search Results
- 5Nursing, Faculty of
- 4Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 4Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 2Nursing, Faculty of/Health Equity
- 2Nursing, Faculty of/Health Systems
- 1Rehabilitation Medicine, Faculty of
A School-Based Randomized Controlled Trial to Improve Physical Activity among Iranian High School GirlsDownload
Background: Physical activity (PA) rates decline precipitously during the high school years and are consistently lower among adolescent girls than adolescent boys. Due to cultural barriers, this problem might be exacerbated in female Iranian adolescents. However, little intervention research has...
Obesity is a condition of excessive body fat to an extent that health may be compromised. Overweight children have high weight for their height and may be at risk for obesity and its complications. In Canada, children are classified as obese or overweight based on their body mass index (BMI),...
One in every five children living in Canada was either born somewhere else or born into immigrant and refugee families, and Canada expects a lot from them. The literature about immigrant and refugee children is riddled with paradoxes, inconsistent results and unanswered questions. Longitudinal...