SearchSkip to Search Results
- 16Integrative Health Institute (IHI)
- 9Integrative Health Institute (IHI)/2017 Integrative Health Institute Conference: Contemporary Insights for Optimizing Health
- 3Integrative Health Institute (IHI)/2018 Integrative Health Institute Conference: Contemporary Insights for Optimizing Health
- 2Integrative Health Institute (IHI)/Wisdom Engaged: Traditional Knowledge and Northern Community Well-Being
- 2Integrative Health Institute (IHI)/2016 Integrative Health Institute Conference: Contemporary Insights for Optimizing Health
- 1University of Alberta Libraries
- 5University of Alberta. Integrative Health Institute
- 3Integrative Health Institute
- 2Campbell, Sandy
- 2Jeff Allen Productions, Inc., - Videographer
- 1Andre, Alestine
- 1Arcand, Jayde
- 2Public Health - Conferences
- 12017, November
- 1Acupuncture - Law and Legislation - Canada - Ontario
- 1Aspirational model of health care
Finding More Canadian Indigenous Health Articles Using Search Filters
This presentation describes 12 provincial and territorial database search filters, which were created to retrieve articles about Indigenous people from OVID Medline.
Program and Abstract Booklet. Wisdom Engaged: Traditional Knowledge and Northern Community Well-BeingDownload
This is the Program and Abstract Booklet for the Gathering.
This poster contains photographs and biographical notes for the three keynote speakers who addressed the 2016 IHI Conference held on May 13, 2016 in Edmonton, AB.
This poster contains the agenda for the inaugural IHI Conference: Contemporary Insights for Optimizing Health. The conference was held in Bernard Snell Hall on the University of Alberta campus between 7:30 a.m. and 5:00 p.m., with breakout sessions in nearby rooms.
Indigenous Health: Path to Reconciliation
Dr. Wilton Littlechild, IPC, CM, FP, QC, Granchief, Treaty 6 Nations addressed the 2017 Integrative Health Conference at the University of Alberta. Dr. Littlechild presented images of the Ermineskin Residential School and spoke of his 14 years in three different schools. He spoke of the...
The Radical Redesign of Healthcare: The Why, What and How
Whole Health is an approach to health care that empowers AND equips people to take charge of their health and well-being and live their life to the fullest. Asks "What do people live for?" Concludes with a video of a true story of 5 octogenarian Taiwanese men, all with illnesses who decide to...
Indigenous Health Challenges
Dr. Esther Tailfeathers works as a physician with Alberta Health Services in both Fort Chipewyan, in northern Alberta and Blood (Kainai) Indian Reserve in southern Alberta. Dr Tailfeathers speaks about the state of the health of Indigenous people in Alberta. She also addressed the determinants...
IHI 2017 Conference - Afternoon Workshops poster
This poster contains photographs and biographical notes for the speakers who presented workshops at the 2017 IHI Conference in Edmonton, AB.
IHI 2017 Conference - Speed Talk Presenters poster
This poster includes photographs and biographical notes for the four presenters who gave speed talks at the IHI 2017 Conference in Edmonton, on October 27, 2017.
Regulation of Traditional Medicine (Be Careful What You Wish For)
Dr. Heather Boon, Professor and Dean, Leslie Dean Faculty of Pharmacy, University of Toronto speaks to the process of regulation of traditional Chinese Medicine and acupuncture in Ontario and the unexpected consequences of regulation on some members of the practitioner community. Dr. Boon...