SearchSkip to Search Results
- 113Physics, Department of
- 113Physics, Department of/Journal Articles (Physics)
- 1Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of
- 1Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Earth and Atmospheric Sciences)
- 1Mechanical Engineering, Department of
- 1Mechanical Engineering, Department of/Journal Articles (Mechanical Engineering)
- 73Rankin, Robert
- 31Sivakoff, Gregory Robert
- 18Kabin, Konstantin
- 15Marchand, Richard
- 13Altamirano, Diego
- 12Heinke, Craig O.
- 23X-Rays: Binaries
- 14Field Line Resonances
- 11Radio Continuum: Stars
We experimentally investigate the behaviour of a line-source plume falling through a finite two-layer stratified ambient where the depth of the upper ambient layer increases in time. Laboratory observations suggest one of two possible flow regimes depending on the value of 𝜆 , which represents...
The X-ray light curves of the recurring outbursts observed in low-mass X-ray binaries provide strong test beds for constraining (still) poorly understood disc-accretion processes. These light curves act as a powerful diagnostic to probe the physics behind the mechanisms driving mass inflow and...
We present Atacama Large Millimetre/Sub-Millimetre Array (ALMA) observations of IRAS 19132+1035, a candidate jet–interstellar medium (ISM) interaction zone near the black hole X-ray binary (BHXB) GRS 1915+105. With these ALMA observations (combining data from the 12 m array and the Atacama...