SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Dhar, Amalesh, Parrott, Lael, & Hawkins, Christopher D. B.
- 1Landry, Jean-Sébastien
- 1Matthews, H. Damon
- 1Parrott, Lael
- 1Price, David T.
- 1Ramankutty, Navin
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 2The NSERC TRIA Network (TRIA-Net)
- 2The NSERC TRIA Network (TRIA-Net)/Journal Articles (TRIA-Net)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
In this thesis I examined the impacts of variable retention harvesting on residual tree mortality and natural regeneration of white spruce [Picea glauca (Moench (Voss)] in northern Alberta. The VR was done in four overstory canopy compositions (ranging from deciduous dominated to conifer...
Aftermath of mountain pine beetle outbreak in British Columbia: Stand dynamics, management response and ecosystem resilienceDownload
The mountain pine beetle (Dendroctonus ponderosae Hopkins) (MPB) has infested and killed millions of hectares of lodgepole pine (Pinus contorta var. latifolia Engelm) forests in British Columbia, Canada, over the past decade. It is now spreading out of its native range into the Canadian boreal...
Modelling long- term impacts of mountain pine beetle outbreaks on merchantable biomass, ecosystem carbon, albedo, and radiative forcingDownload
The ongoing major outbreak of mountain pine beetle (MPB) in forests of western North America has led to considerable research efforts. However, many questions remain unaddressed regarding its long-term impacts, especially when accounting for the range of possible responses from the non-target...