SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Brazil, Santa Catarina, Forte Marechal Luz
- 4Eastern and Southern Amazon
- 4Floral/faunal remains
- 4Bryan, Alan L., Dr.
- 4Gruhn, Dr. Ruth
- 4University of Alberta Department of Anthropology
- 1Carey, Jason P.
- 1Cote, Brent
- 1Flores-Mir, Carlos
- 4Anthropology, Department of
- 4Anthropology, Department of/Bryan/Gruhn Archaeology Collection
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 3Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of
- 1Medicine and Dentistry, Faculty of/Oral Health
This study assessed the accuracy and reliability of tooth length measurements through axial, coronal and sagittal serial slices of CBCT volumes; conventional panoramic radiographs; and CBCT panoramic reconstructions to that of a digital caliper gold standard. Samples consisted of maxillary...
Tooth-anchored vs. bone-anchored maxillary expansion: a randomized controlled trial comparing dental and skeletal effectsDownload
Aim: To investigate the differences, if any, between tooth-anchored maxillary expansion (TME) and bone-anchored maxillary expansion (BME) in terms of the produced longitudinal dentoskeletal changes -and the stability of these changes- in adolescents with maxillary constriction. Methods: Sixty...
The development and biomechanics of theropod teeth and comparisons with other reptiles: a functional analysisDownload
Teeth are important for taxonomic studies. They are often the only remains found of certain vertebrates in the fossil record. This is because they are more resistant to weathering than most bones, they are small, and they are generally abundant. Most reptiles have homodont dentition, and the...
Background The objective of this study is to analyze a set of previously developed and proposed image segmentation protocols for precision in both intra- and inter-rater reliability for in vivo tooth volume measurements using cone-beam computed tomography (CBCT) images. Methods Six 3D volume...