SearchSkip to Search Results
- 475Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)
- 221Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/AOSERP Reports
- 83Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Government of Alberta Reports
- 72Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/OSRIN Technical Reports
- 61Oil Sands Research and Information Network (OSRIN)/Syncrude Canada Ltd. Reports
- 33Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 5Article (Draft / Submitted)
- 5Research Material
- 2Conference/Workshop Poster
- 2Conference/Workshop Presentation
- 10Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 9Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 5Department of Renewable Resources
- 4Department of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences
- 1Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2Ulrich, Ania (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 2Zeng, Hongbo (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Askari-Nasab, Hooman (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Choi, Phillip (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Choi,Phillip (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
In the Spring of 1971, the management of Syncrude contacted Renewable Resources Consulting Services regarding assessments of potential ecological impacts on the lease area. As a result, a preliminary investigation of ecological relationships was undertaken in July of 1971. This was followed by...
Includes sections outlining the requirements of: • Environmental impact to tar sands development • The Water Resources Act with specific reference to tar sands development • The Clean Air Act with specific reference to tar sands development • The Clean Water Act with specific reference to tar...
Athabasca tar sands development environmental impact statement matrix: Physical & chemical characteristicsDownload
The environmental impact assessment matrix is a simple way of summarizing which impacts are considered of greatest significance. It is a checklist or reminder of the full range of actions and impacts and is aimed at separating, as far as possible, factual information on magnitude of each type...
Some methods for treating tar sands tailings: Part 1 - laboratory application of CO2 process and related testing of type "X" treatmentDownload
This report concerns some methods whereby the liquid waste from plants using the Clark hot water process to extract bitumen from tar sands is rendered clean. This report describes some novel experiments on liquid tailings from the G. C. O. S. plant, which may lead to an economically feasible...
The study reported here was initiated on July 26, 1971, to provide ecological baseline information on Beaver Creek. Field surveys were carried out from August 7th to August 24th. Of particular interest to this study was the acquisition of quantitative data on fisheries populations as a means of...
This study reviews constraints that should be considered in connection with synthetic crude pipe line gathering systems and routes within the Athabasca tar sands area. Specifically the terms of reference of this study were defined as: a) Study and identify all the important constraints in...
An environmental study of the Athabasca tar sands: Report and recommendations to Alberta Department of the EnvironmentDownload
The following was the general concept of the work for which the Study was commissioned: • Identify the various methods that could be used for oil extraction and their comparative merits with respect to minimum adverse effects on the environment. • In considering the Clark method of tar sands...
The general purpose of this report is to examine various constraints, resulting from human settlement patterns, which will affect the selection of a route for the proposed pipeline corridor. In addition to the definition of constraints, the report will also identify factors which, unlike...
Transportation corridor study. Volume 2 Appendix: Extracts from existing literature compiled for use of Study GroupDownload
With the large number of persons involved in this particular study it was decided that considerable time (money) could be saved by gathering into one volume extracts of available literature. Reports, studies by other groups, articles, information and literature in regard to environmental impact,...
Transportation corridor study. Volume 4 Appendix: Environment - general characteristics & conditions - part 1Download
Contains the following sections: Environment Characteristics and Conditions - Bolter Parish Trimble Ltd. Soils - Tom Peters and Associates Wildlife - Stewart Weir Stewart Watson & Heinrichs, Ducks Unlimited (Canada) Preliminary Review and Land Evaluation - Siemens Realty and Appraisal Services Ltd.