SearchSkip to Search Results
- 16Second language acquisition
- 3Language and languages--Study and teaching
- 2French language--Study and teaching--Audio-visual aids
- 2Listening comprehension tests
- 2Hammer, Petra
- 1Archer, Cameron Geoffrey.
- 1Armenian, Atken.
- 1Carter, Barbara
- 1Derwing, Tracey Mary
- 1Fearon, Daniel P.
- 1Blair, Heather (Department of Elementary Education)
- 1Dr. Louise Ladouceur (Études théâtrales, Campus Saint-Jean) - co-supervisor
- 1Dr. Sathya Rao (Department of Modern Languages and Cultural Studies) - supervisor
- 1Järvikivi, Juhani (Linguistics)
- 1Kabata, Kaori (East Asian Studies)
- 1Nadasdi, Terry (Linguistics)
A STUDY ON THE AUDIENCE RECEPTION OF THEATRE SURTITLES: Surtitling in a Francophone Minority Context in Canada and the Language Learning Potentials of Theatre SurtitlesDownload
This mixed-methods study focuses on the audience reception of theatre surtitles in a Francophone minority theatre context in Western Canada at L’UniThéâtre in Edmonton, Alberta. The main objective of this multifaceted research was to measure the perceptions of and reactions to English surtitles...
Graded effects of first and second language orthography on pronunciation during second language acquisitionDownload
This study aims to assess how frequency-based and probabilistic measure describing the orthography-phonology relationship influence the accuracy of second language (L2) pronunciation in a phonological decoding task for native English learners of German, and a control group with no formal...
While much research has been dedicated to studying the speech of French immersion students, relatively little is known about their sociolinguistic competence, particularly in the area of phonetics. This study aims to determine the extent to which a group of French immersion students in Ontario,...