SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Serpe, Michael J.
- 2Gao, Yongfeng
- 2Ullah, Aman
- 1Abbasi Dezfouli, Meysam
- 1Ahiabu, Andrews
- 1Akin, Oguz
- 24Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 24Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 5Chemistry, Department of
- 4Chemistry, Department of/Journal Articles (Chemistry)
- 2WISEST Summer Research Program
- 2WISEST Summer Research Program/WISEST Research Posters
- 9Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 4Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 2Department of Biomedical Engineering
- 2Department of Chemistry
- 2Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 1Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science
- 2Choi, Phillip (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 1Backhouse, Chris (Electrical and Computer Engineering, University of Waterloo)
- 1Boluk, Yaman (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Buriak, Jillian M. (Chemistry)
- 1Davies, Evan (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Davis, John (Physics)
2015 marks the 50th anniversary of Moore's law, which has described the exponential progress in semiconductor patterning technologies, enabling creation of smaller circuitry features at greater densities. These continued hardware developments, economically mass manufactured, have made possible...
A multi-purpose settling column was designed to determine settling rate and sediment height allowing the in-situ measurement of yield stress and drainage without disturbing the sediment particle network. The settling column was applied to studying flocculation/densification of model oil sands...
A novel nopoldiol-benzoxaborolate cross-link formed by a bioorthogonal click reaction between nopoldiol- and benzoxaborole-based components was developed for the preparation of biomaterials such as hydrogels and nanogels. In contrast to the traditional boronic ester-based cross-links, this...
In this thesis, a novel three-dimensional continuum percolation model based on Monte Carlo simulation approach was developed and employed to investigate the percolation behavior of the electrically insulating matrix reinforced with conductive nanoplatelet fillers such as graphene. The...
Conversion of protein-rich biomass waste into value-added industrial products via chemical cross-linking reactions was explored. Two types of cross-linking reagents were investigated: dialdehydes and epoxy resins. Reaction chemistry was the main focus of this investigation and the main reaction...
Coupling supercritical CO2 extraction with membrane separation leads to energy savings by recycling CO2 at supercritical state while separating extract components. Commercially available polyamide-based membranes are commonly used with coupled systems due to their availability and robust...
Delivery of STAT3 inhibitor cucurbitacins to tumor by polymeric nano-carriers : Implications in cancer chemo- and immunotherapyDownload
Signal Transducer and Activator of Transcription 3 (STAT3), a common oncogenic mediator, is constitutively activated in many types of human cancers and plays a critical role in tumor growth and cancer immune evasion. The focus of this dissertation is the delivery of STAT3 inhibitor cucurbitacins...
The current study investigates the drag reduction (DR) using high molecular weight polymers such as commercial polyacrylamide, polysaccharides and thermo-responsive polymers. A Taylor-Couette (TC) setup was designed and fabricated to examine the abovementioned polymers for drag reduction, and to...
This thesis investigates electrically conductive polymer nanocomposites formulated with metal nanowires for electrostatic discharge and electromagnetic interference shielding. Copper nanowires (CuNWs) of an average length of 1.98 µm and diameter of 25 ± 4 nm were synthesized. The oxidation...
Structural engineering report SER 252 | SER-ID SER252