SearchSkip to Search Results
- 43Alberta Centre for Active Living
- 5Berry, T. R.
- 4Berry, Tanya R.
- 4Spence, John C.
- 2Bell, R.
- 2Chan, C.
- 50Alberta Centre for Active Living
- 28Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 28Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 26Alberta Centre for Active Living/WellSpring
- 15Alberta Centre for Active Living/Research Update (Alberta Centre for Active Living)
- 4Alberta Centre for Active Living/Research and General Reports (Alberta Centre for Active Living)
Through the Lens of the Youth: Exploring Culturally Relevant Physical Activity with a Northern Aboriginal Community Through Participatory Action ResearchDownload
Guided by an overarching participatory action research framework, this research explored physical activity within the sociocultural context of northern Aboriginal communities. I worked in partnership with the Yellowknives Dene First Nation Community Wellness Program in the Northwest Territories,...
As the world’s population ages, there is an increasing need for community environments to support physical activity and social connections for older adults. This exploratory study sought to better understand older adults’ usage and perceptions of community green spaces in Taipei, Taiwan, through...
“I’ve never been in a program after school”: a participatory action research approach to sports-based ‘critical hours’ programsDownload
Accessible extracurricular programs have the potential to increase levels of physical activity after school (Weschsler et al., 2000). Using Participatory Action Research (PAR) the purpose of this study was to develop, implement, and evaluate a ‘critical hours’ sports-based program for students...