SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Belosevic, Mike (Biological Sciences)
- 1BrunetWood, M. Kim (Alberta Health Services)
- 1Clandinin, MT (Agricultural, Food & Nutritional Science)
- 1Farmer, Anna (Agriculture, Food, and Nutritional Sciences)
- 1Mazurak, Vera (Agriculture, Food, and Nutritional Sciences)
- 1Solomons, Noel W. (Center for Studies of Sensory Impairment, Aging and Metabolism)
Giardiasis in children attending daycare centers in Guatemala and the therapeutic potential of gangliosideDownload
Intestinal enteropathy is a prevalent yet neglected aspect of child malnutrition involving chronic exposure to intestinal pathogens such as Giardia intestinalis. Gangliosides have therapeutic potential for the treatment of giardiasis and intestinal enteropathy. The objectives of the thesis were...
Background: Children are at high risk for malnutrition during hospital admission. Over half of children admitted to hospital will exhibit signs of nutrition deterioration such as weight loss. Screening for malnutrition is a critical step in the nutrition care process, however there is currently a...