SearchSkip to Search Results
- 15Food security
- 6Canada, Alberta, Edmonton
- 4Food banks
- 3Poor families
- 21850 - 2015
- 7Edmonton Social Planning Council
- 3Edmonton Gleaners Association
- 2Andrea Viljoen
- 2Andy Challinor
- 2Chiara Tornaghi
- 2Dana Fisher
- 7Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)
- 7Edmonton Social Planning Council (ESPC)/Food Security (Edmonton Social Planning Council)
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 6Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 2Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)
- 2Grant Assist Program (Social Sciences / Humanities)/Successful Grants Library (SSHRC)
This study examines the influence of the wage economy on food security in Paulatuk, NT, and aims to illustrate: a) how individuals are participating in the wage economy and traditional economy in Paulatuk, and in turn how this influences their ability to procure food from the land, as illustrated...
The Influence of Gender and Food Insecurity on the Eating Practices of Poor, Pregnant Women in Dhaka, BangladeshDownload
The purpose of this study was to investigate the interaction between rising levels of food insecurity in the urban setting and the existing gender structures and their impact on eating practices while pregnant. Using a focused-ethnography with a feminist approach in an urban slum in Dhaka,...
Vital Signs- A Report on Food Security in Edmonton contains statistics on a variety of topics related to local food security and the health of Edmontonians. Topics dicussed in this report include the cost of nutritious food, food bank use, diabetes and youth obesity, soil quality, local farming...
Assessing Energy Adequacy, Healthy Food Diversity, and Self-Reported Food Security in the United States, Canada, and IndiaDownload
In order to assess the effectiveness of public policy interventions (or lack of) aimed at food insecure households, an individual’s socio-economic and demographic status, energy adequacy, and healthy food diversity need to be better understood. Through a cross-country comparison (Canada, US and...