SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Bilberry plant with unripe berries - Finland - photograph
- 1Blueberries - photograph
- 1Carassius carassius
- 1Crucian carp
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Canadian Circumpolar Institute
- 1Canadian Circumpolar Institute/Circumpolar Digital Image Collection
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of/Conference Proceedings (Renewable Resources)
To evaluate the roles of extinction and isolation in predicting richness and composition of fish assemblages in small forest lakes of Finland and Wisconsin, we analyzed data from 114 Finnish and 55 Wisconsin lakes 0.2-86.9 ha in area. Six isolation variables characterized properties of stream...
Detecting mechanisms that structure ecological communities often requires investigations at appropriate spatial and temporal scales. A 15-mo, whole-lake experiment revealed direct and indirect mechanisms by which a fish predator structured its prey population, primarily by affecting recruitment...