SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Ahmad, Rafiq
- 2John A. Nychka
- 1Ahmad, Safiya
- 1Barker, Tom (Supervisor)
- 1Barlow, Susanna
- 1Berry, T. R.
- 13Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 13Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 3Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 3Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 3WISEST Summer Research Program
- 3WISEST Summer Research Program/WISEST Research Posters
- 4Department of Mechanical Engineering
- 3Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- 1Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering
- 1Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 1Department of Modern Languages and Cultural Studies
- 1Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine
- 2Lipsett, Michael (Mechanical Engineering)
- 1Amirfazli, Alidad (Mechanical Engineering, York University)
- 1Checkel, M. David (Mechanical Engineering
- 1Cruz-Noguez, Carlos (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Driver, Robert (Civil and Environmental Engineering)
- 1Fleck, Brian (Mechanical Engineering)
Is What You See What You Get? Exploring the Role of Virtual Reference Icons on Academic Library WebsitesDownload
The goal of this study is to better understand academic library design, selection, and use of web icons. An additional goal is to discover some of the possible consequences of icon design decisions for student users. This research is meant to help library staff better understand the factors...
A longitudinal and cross-sectional examination of the relationship between reasons for choosing a neighbourhood, physical activity and body mass indexDownload
Abstract: Background: The purpose of this study was to examine the relationship between body mass index and neighborhood walkability, socioeconomic status (SES), reasons for choosing neighborhoods, physical activity, fruit and vegetable intake, and demographic variables. Methods: Two studies,...
Because of their high strength to weight ratio, stiffened steel plates are often used in light structures where plates are placed into compression. The stability of steel plates stiffened with longitudinal tee-shaped stiffeners and subjected to uniaxial compression or combined axial compression...
Design and Construction of a Temperature Cell to Study the Effect of Temperature Rise on Particle-Drop ImpactDownload
An experimental device aimed at simulating interactions in a fluidization process was designed, built, and tested to allow future study of drop-particle impact at high temperatures. The design parameters were defined based on theoretical investigations. A feasibility study were developed using...
Social digital libraries: Their roles within and across social worlds, information, worlds, and communitiesDownload
There is continuing need for theoretical and practical research to consider the roles that digital libraries play in collaboration, communities, and other social contexts. My dissertation research looks to help fulfill this need, examining the roles digital libraries play, as boundary objects,...
No design is perfect; all designs have a probability of failure and an associated risk. To prevent failure, or at least reduce it dramatically, there are varieties of techniques that may be employed during and after the design stage. Such methods are briefly described herein.
Design, Simulation and Evaluation of Effective Industrial Information Systems: Case of Machine Condition Monitoring and Maintenance Management Information SystemsDownload
Industrial information systems can improve the management of industrial operations by providing relevant and timely information on the status of physical assets via condition and process monitoring systems, and by enabling the effective use of data by systems and processes that restore proper...
Old Communication – New Means: The Linguistic Study of Ukrainian Orthodox Church and Ukrainian Greek-Catholic Church WebsitesDownload
This dissertation is concerned with the communicative potential of websites. The World Wide Web is a relatively new locale for communication on which an increasing number of users rely daily in Canada and in Ukraine. However, up to the present time there has been no unified framework for the...