SearchSkip to Search Results
- 4Adria, Marco (Supervisor)
- 3Campbell, Kathryn J. (Supervisor)
- 3European Graduate School
- 3Levine, Stephen K.
- 2Cummings, G. G.
- 18Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 18Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 15Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 15Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 10Toolkit for Grant Success
- 10Toolkit for Grant Success/Successful Grants (Toolkit for Grant Success)
- 3Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- 2Department of Educational Psychology
- 2Department of Psychology
- 2School of Library and Information Studies
- 1Department of Anthropology
- 1Department of Computing Science
- 1Cockburn, Bruce F. (Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Dr. Christina Rinaldi, Educational Psychology
- 1Eastlick Kushner, Kaysi (Faculty of Nursing)
- 1Gaudet, Vincent (Electrical and Computer Engineering)
- 1Gierl, Mark J. (Educational Psychology)
- 1Given, Lisa (Library and Information Studies)
Simulation of quantization noise effects on the performance of a wireless preamble detector and demonstration of a functional FPGA prototypeDownload
This thesis describes the implementation of the physical layer for an experimental low-power wireless communication device. The system utilizes differential coherent correlation and threshold-based detection to produce a robust random-access packet-based communications protocol. Prior to...
Is What You See What You Get? Exploring the Role of Virtual Reference Icons on Academic Library WebsitesDownload
The goal of this study is to better understand academic library design, selection, and use of web icons. An additional goal is to discover some of the possible consequences of icon design decisions for student users. This research is meant to help library staff better understand the factors...
As the end of the first decade of the twenty-first century sees yet another drop in print newspaper paid circulation and a sharp increase in newspaper operations closures in North America, the current financial crisis and the emergence and increasing popularity of the Internet are immediately...
Dealing with a latent danger: parents communicating with their school-age preadolescent children about smoking - a grounded theory studyDownload
Smoking in youth continues to be an important public health issue. Because adolescence is the key period for smoking initiation, prevention efforts need to take place before the adolescent years. Little is known about parental smoking prevention interventions. The purpose of this study,...
POIESIS: A Journal of the Arts and Communication is an annual periodical which publishes research from the fields of Expressive Arts and Media & Communications. It is supported by the European Graduate School (EGS) in Switzerland, which offers Masters and Doctoral programs in these fields.
The Neural Encoding of Heterospecific Vocalizations in the Avian Pallium: An Ethological ApproachDownload
Songbirds (order Passeriformes, suborder Oscines) have captured the attention of scientists and non-scientists alike with their vocal signals. The black-capped chickadee (genus Poecile) uses its namesake call, chick-a-dee, to convey a variety of information. In Chapter 2 and 3, I examine the...
SSHRC Awarded IG 2012: Verbs are harder than nouns for children to learn. This research project will test two central hypotheses about verb learning in children: First, in experimental situations, children benefit from co-speech gesture as shown by enhanced verb learning. Second, in everyday...