SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Aggarwal, Pradeep Kumar
- 1Alberta Environment and Parks
- 1Alberta Recreation and Parks Association
- 1BC Parks
- 1Beaver Hills Initiative and UNESCO Biosphere
- 1Boyce, M. S.
- 4Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 4Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program
- 1Geotechnical and Geoenvironmental Engineering Program/Other Research Publications (Geotechnical & Geoenvironmental Engineering)
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of
- 1Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
Doctoral thesis. Investigating the mechanism of population increase following logging, and to test the hypothesis that genetic changes are associated with changes in abundance. Field work carried out on Vancouver Island.
Covers the petrography, chemistry, mineralogy and petrogenesis of this late cenozoic eruptive centre.
Masters thesis. Studies the mineralogy of the southcentral B.C. deposit, which occurs in the mafic volcanic rocks of the upper Paleozoic Fennell Formation.
The purpose of our study is to show how ecologists' interpretation of habitat selection by grizzly bears (Ursus arctos) is altered by the scale of observation and also how management questions would be best addressed using predetermined scales of analysis. Using resource selection functions (RSF)...
The Downie Slide case history demonstrates the importance of detailed site investigation and long-term monitoring, as well as the need for reinterpretation of the local geologic, structural, and groundwater conditions, and reassessment of slope stability as new information becomes available....
Wildfires are an environmental hazard event experienced by populations and communities across the world. These events can have significant and long-lasting effects on the communities that are impacted, which makes the importance of mitigation apparent. Partners in Protection, a non-governmental...
SSHRC Partnership Development grant awarded 2018: Globally, most park agencies have little capacity to produce in-house social science or ecological research, or conduct meaningful knowledge exchange with Indigenous and local communities. The goal of this project is to enhance the generation and...