SearchSkip to Search Results
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of
- 2Biological Sciences, Department of/Journal Articles (Biological Sciences)
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of
- 1Renewable Resources, Department of/Conference Proceedings (Renewable Resources)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
To evaluate the roles of extinction and isolation in predicting richness and composition of fish assemblages in small forest lakes of Finland and Wisconsin, we analyzed data from 114 Finnish and 55 Wisconsin lakes 0.2-86.9 ha in area. Six isolation variables characterized properties of stream...
Natural disturbances and fish: Local and regional influences on winterkill of fathead minnows, Pimephales promelas, in boreal lakesDownload
We investigated the population dynamics of fathead minnow Pimephales promelas and the environmental factors of four small lakes in the boreal forest of Alberta, Canada, for 5 years to determine the influence of local and regional factors on the development of hypoxia and the occurrence of fish...
Our objective was to assess the potential of carabid beetles (Coleoptera: Carabidae) as effective bioindicators of the effects of forest management at a Canadian national scale. We present a comparison of carabid beetle assemblages reported from large-scale Studies across Canada. Based on the...
While it has become a generally accepted idea that humans have been endowed with authority over all that exists on this earth, this thesis will argue that, at times, this is not the case. Belief in this sort of authority proves to be problematic in a classroom environment as things assert...