SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Ball, Ron (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Ball, Ronald O. (Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Moehn, Soenke (Department of Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Pencharz, Paul (Gastroenterology, University of Toronto)
- 1Schieber, Andreas (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
Evaluation of the threonine requirement and the bioavailability of threonine in feedstuffs in pregnant sowsDownload
Current recommendations for amino acid intake during pregnancy are for a constant amino acid intake throughout. However, the demand for amino acids changes from maternal tissue growth in early gestation to fetal, conceptus and mammary tissue development in late gestation. The availability of...
Molecules of anthocyanins and quinones possess distinctive electrophilic character, which is demonstrated by their facile reactions with nucleophiles such as sulfite, thiols, amines and water. In food systems, one of their likely targets would be nucleophilic centers in the side chains of amino...
Simultaneous measurement of protein and energy metabolism and application to determine lysine requirements in sowsDownload
Simultaneous measurements of energy and protein metabolism can provide valuable information about their interactions. Dietary lysine is limiting in typical feedstuffs fed to swine and, therefore, limits protein synthesis. Current recommendations for dietary amino acid and energy intakes may not...