SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Aesthetics--Study and teaching
- 1Art appreciation--Effect of music on
- 1Abedinifard, Morteza
- 1Brandvold, Sarah
- 1Goodine, Elliot J
- 1Gow, Gordon A. (Supervisor)
- 1Jagodzinski, John J.
- 1Landy, F
- 11Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 11Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
- 1Communications and Technology Graduate Program
- 1Communications and Technology Graduate Program/Capping Projects (Communications and Technology)
- 1Religious Studies Program
- 1Religious Studies Program/Journal Articles (Religious Studies)
This is a book review of Hélène Cixous, (eds) Marta Segarra and Joana Masó, Poetry in Painting: Writings on Contemporary Arts and Aesthetics. Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 2012.
Objectors to Hume’s sentimentalist moral theory charge that a system of morality grounded in sentiments cannot provide us with a set of standards that are stable across times and places. Hume addresses this worry in his appeal to what he calls the General Point of View, accounting for how we...
CHASM: the spaces between is a live performance that exposes physical, visual, and aural intersections of liminality. My solo dance, alongside the work of acoustic collaborators Shawn Pinchbeck and Ian Crutchley, projectionist Patrick Arès-Pilon, and scenographer Guido Tondino, delves within the...
Mathematical theories and entities may be praised for many reasons: for their truth, certainty, depth, applicability, fruitfulness, and beauty. Of these virtues, some (truth, certainty, and to a lesser degree applicability) have received a great deal of philosophical scrutiny and analysis while...
Drawing upon Marie McGinn's non-metaphysical interpretation of Wittgenstein's Tractatus, this thesis attempts to make a connection between the book’s opening and ending remarks. I argue that McGinn's non-metaphysical reading helps us, more than the metaphysical reading, to make a consistent...
This dissertation relies on the wager that we live in an age in which seemingly archaic religious symbols contribute to how people orient themselves, respond to, and explain things in the world. Drawing from Paul Ricoeur’s early texts on religion, symbolism, evil, and defilement, I analyze three...