SearchSkip to Search Results
- 3Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative
- 3Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative/Journal Articles & Research Abstracts (Helmholtz-Alberta Initiative)
- 3Chemical and Materials Engineering, Department of
- 3Chemical and Materials Engineering, Department of/Research Articles and Materials (Chemical and Materials Engineering)
- 2Surgery, Department of
- 2Surgery, Department of/Orthopaedic Surgery
Background Vitrification is a method of cryopreservation by which cells and tissues can be preserved at low temperatures using cryoprotective agents (CPAs) at high concentrations (typically ⩾6.0 M) to limit the harmful effects of ice crystals that can form during cooling processes. However, at...
Vitrification of articular cartilage (AC) could enhance tissue availability but requires high concentrations of cyroprotective agents (CPAs). This study investigated relative injuries caused by commonly used CPAs. We hypothesized that the in situ chondrocyte dose–injury relationships of five...