SearchSkip to Search Results
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of
- 1Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science, Department of/Journal Articles (Agricultural, Food and Nutritional Science)
- 1Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch
- 1Roy Berg Kinsella Research Ranch/Journal Articles (Kinsella Ranch)
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of
- 1Graduate Studies and Research, Faculty of/Theses and Dissertations
Potential regulatory role of microRNAs in the development of bovine gastrointestinal tract during early lifeDownload
This study aimed to investigate the potential regulatory role of miRNAs in the development of gastrointestinal tract (GIT) during the early life of dairy calves. Rumen and small intestinal (mid-jejunum and ileum) tissue samples were collected from newborn (30 min after birth; n = 3), 7-day-old...
Comparative transcriptomic analysis of rectal tissue from beef steers revealed reduced host immunity in Escherichia coli O157:H7 super-sheddersDownload
Super-shedder cattle are a major disseminator of E. coli O157:H7 into the environment, and the terminal rectum has been proposed as the primary E. coli O157:H7 colonization site. This study aimed to identify host factors that are associated with the super-shedding process by comparing...
Maintenance of the gut health of calves is vital because enteric infections are associated with high mortality during the pre-weaned period. The small intestine is the primary site of many enteric infections and plays an important role in protecting the host from pathogenic infection through both...